Links & Resources
Note: Some of the links listed below may be affiliate links. This means I will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you choose to purchase through them.
Connect with Melissa
- Visit Wit & Wire and Listen to the Wit & Wire Podcast
- Follow Melissa on Instagram
- Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn
- Follow Melissa on Twitter
Additional Resources, Tools, and Links
- Sign up for Melissa’s Free Podcast Masterclass to learn how to launch your own podcast!
- Track your podcast analytics with Chartable
- You’ll need a podcast host if you’re planning to launch your own podcast, my favorite is Buzzsprout
Full Disclosure: I have not bought or sold any businesses or websites through the above mentioned services. These are links to possible services mentioned in the episode. It is always a good idea to conduct your own research prior to using services you are not familiar with yourself.
If you haven’t done this already, go leave a review of the Nine-Five Podcast over on iTunes!
Melissa Guller is the founder of Wit & Wire and host of the Wit & Wire Podcast.
After working for Teachable (a marketplace for selling online courses) for several years as Director of Marketing Engagement and working as Senior Launch Manager for Ramit Sethi, Melissa decided to take her knowledge of course creation and podcasting to build her own brand.
Now, Melissa teaches others how to start, grow, and monetize their own podcasts through the online courses that she offers on Wit & Wire.
During the interview with Melissa, we cover two very important topics that every new podcaster is interested in: 1) growing an audience and 2) monetizing your podcast.
Melissa debunks several myths out there surrounding podcast growth and monetization, and she even shares her own revenue percentages with us to help prove that sponsorships will not be the “magic sauce” that builds your 6-figure business.
3 Main Takeaways from The Episode:
By the end of this episode, you should have learned:
- What is the difference between an owned audience and an earned audience – and what you should be most focused on to grow you podcast.
- Ways to actually grow your show – and a few platforms to help you with that.
- Building a 6-figure business with your podcast, even if you don’t get thousands of downloads per episode.
Did You Enjoy the Episode?
I hope you enjoyed this episode of the Nine-Five Podcast. Thank you so much for listening!
What was your biggest takeaway from today’s interview?
Leave a comment below and let me know!
Download the Workbook
Episode 79 Develop an Online Course that ENGAGES Your Community and DRIVES Results [Erica Nash]Very few people who start your online courses, will actually finish them. As a course creator, that's a huge problem! Today, Erica Nash is here to talk about WHY students...
Episode 78 Why Podcasting Needs to be a Part of Your Strategy for 2022Podcasting is becoming increasingly popular with each passing year, yet it's still a relatively young medium. With it's growing popularity and ability to attract a trustworthy audience, 2022 is the...
Episode 77: Breaking Into the Sharing Economy: Establishing Your Brand as a Marketplace Business [Hannah Pobar]
Episode 77 Breaking Into the Sharing Economy: Establishing Your Brand as a Marketplace Business [Hannah Pobar]The sharing economy has boomed since the introduction of businesses like AirBnb and Uber. More brands like this are popping up, but with that comes an extra...