Links & Resources
Note: Some of the links listed below may be affiliate links. This means I will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you choose to purchase through them.
Connect with James
- Follow James on Twitter
- Connect with James on LinkedIn
- Join James’ Connected Clients Email List
- Book a 1:1 Call with James
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- I found NiftyImages which looks like a great tool for PMI and creating images just like James mentioned in the episode
- Listen to Episode 23 with Ty Frankel for more LinkedIn strategy and tips
- Listen to Episode 35 with Jordan Mendoza to learn how to leverage LinkedIn to build relationships with prospective clients
If you haven’t done this already, go leave a review of the Nine-Five Podcast over on iTunes!
Last week we were talking with Shauna Armitage about how important it is to build relationships with your customers and clients.
This week, we’re chatting with James Watson A.K.A. The LinkedIn King about how to leverage personalized marketing strategies on LinkedIn to open the door to those customers and clients.
James has been consulting and helping business owners maximize their potential on LinkedIn and ultimately helping them engage and reach more clients and close more sales. Today, James is here to share some of his favorite strategies for achieving amazing results in marketing.
And that comes from Personalized and Targeted Messaging.
Key Points Discussed in This Episode
James shares so much gold throughout this episode, but all the strategies he shares will do you absolutely no good if you don’t have a solid foundation. That foundation comes from your key messaging and this starts with your LinkedIn bio.
If someone can’t come to your profile and know what it is you do, AND understand how you can help them, none of the strategies in this episode will help you.
But don’t worry. In this episode James shares some of his top tips for creating a LinkedIn profile and bio to help get your message right.
After your foundation is in place, James discusses the following topics that will help you grow your business and build strong relationships and trust with the clients you work with:
- Consistency over time: they say “slow and steady wins the race.” Well this same statement holds true when it comes to growth on LinkedIn. Start slow. Develop processes. And slowly beging to increase your frequency as you become more comfortable.
- To create more LinkedIn connections: optimize your bio. Only interact with relevant people (hint: use LinkedIn Sales Navigator). Use short quality messages when reaching out for the connection.
- Use Personalized Image Marketing (PMI): This is a strategy that James uses to send highly personalized (and yes, automated) messages to potential clients. These personalized images will stand out to your clients and put you ahead of your competitors.
We obviously dive deep into all 3 of these topics as well as touch on one of the newest features coming to LinkedIn and that’s LinkedIn’s own freelancer market.
As you listen to this episode, I’d love to know what you think of the Nine-Five Podcast. Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to answer the question under the “I Want to Know…” heading of this page.
I Want to Know…
I hope you enjoyed this episode of the Nine-Five Podcast. Thank you so much for listening!
Are you going to start using personalized messaging to build a deeper connection with your audience and potential clients?
Leave a comment below and let me know!
Download the Workbook
Episode 93 Leveraging Yourself through Your Creative Talents [Jenna Noelle Porter]It can be very difficult to put full-faith in what you're doing to build your own business. Even when you're doing all the things right, it can be a difficult leap to make. Today, Jenna...
Episode 92 Making a Living Through Content Creation [Mindy Thomas]What makes content effective for your brand or business? How do you hook them in? How do you unlock that level of creativity you see out there? Today, we are talking with Mindy Thomas who literally...
Episode 91 The Genius Paid Ad Strategy that NO ONE is Telling You About! [Darrell Evans]Paid advertising has always baffled me. There are so many experts out there who make it sound so easy, but when put into practice, end up costing you a lot of money. Today, Darrell...