Links & Resources
Note: Some of the links listed below may be affiliate links. This means I will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you choose to purchase through them.
Connect with Doug
- Connect with Doug on LinkedIn
- Follow Doug on Twitter
- Listen to the Terminal Value Podcast
- Work with Doug
Additional Resources, Tools, and Links
- Want to get your own podcast started? Catch my interview on Doug’s Podcast, Terminal Value Podcast: Getting your Podcast out of the Starting Blocks with Nick Nalbach
- Share your thoughts on the show in the Nine-Five Nation Facebook Group
If you haven’t done this already, go leave a review of the Nine-Five Podcast over on iTunes!
After being laid off from his “stable” corporate job in 2020 (amidst the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic), Doug Utberg was put in a very interesting position:
To reclimb the corporate ladder with a new company, essentially starting from scratch, or make a major career shift by starting his own business. If you haven’t guessed already, he chose the latter.
In today’s episode, we are talking with Doug about what that experience has been like, and how he has been able to make that transition from corporate world, to full-time entrepreneur.
Doug has learned a lot about what it means to find the problem BEFORE developing the solution. This is something that can be difficult to do in the beginning stages. We also discuss the importance building our email lists, epescially in the beginning stages, and how that has helped his business grow.
3 Main Takeaways from The Episode:
By the end of this episode, you should have learned:
- The importance of finding a PROBLEM before trying to sell the SOLUTION – and why so many people get this backwards.
- Why understanding who IS NOT your audience is just as important as understanding WHO IS.
- Building an email list, and why it is one of the most crucial aspect of building and growing a brand that people trust.
Did You Enjoy the Episode?
I hope you enjoyed this episode of the Nine-Five Podcast. Thank you so much for listening!
What was your biggest takeaway from today’s interview?
Leave a comment below or join the Nine-Five Nation Community to let me know there!
Download the Workbook
Episode 93 Leveraging Yourself through Your Creative Talents [Jenna Noelle Porter]It can be very difficult to put full-faith in what you're doing to build your own business. Even when you're doing all the things right, it can be a difficult leap to make. Today, Jenna...
Episode 92 Making a Living Through Content Creation [Mindy Thomas]What makes content effective for your brand or business? How do you hook them in? How do you unlock that level of creativity you see out there? Today, we are talking with Mindy Thomas who literally...
Episode 91 The Genius Paid Ad Strategy that NO ONE is Telling You About! [Darrell Evans]Paid advertising has always baffled me. There are so many experts out there who make it sound so easy, but when put into practice, end up costing you a lot of money. Today, Darrell...