Links & Resources
Note: Some of the links listed below may be affiliate links. This means I will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you choose to purchase through them.
Connect with Joel
- Visit Joel’s link to see everything he’s currently working on or to get in contact about his services
Additional Podcast Episodes Mentioned in This Episode
- In the episode we talked about getting to the ‘No’ which was discussed in Episode 5 with Chris Bro
- We also talked about passion projects which we dive into a lot in Episode 37 with Alex Lu
If you haven’t done this already, go leave a review of the Nine-Five Podcast over on iTunes!
I’ve had the opportunity to work with today’s guest, Joel Ward, quite a bit over the past few months. Joel just so happened to find the Nine-Five Podcast and reached out to me to ask questions about launching his own show.
After a few short calls, Joel had officially launched his podcast, IT Tech Talk.
Through our calls, and coming on Joel’s show as a guest, I learned a lot about what Joel does and why he does what he does.
He just likes to help people. THIS is why Joel continues to work his 9-5 job. THIS is why Joel offers his business, web development, and design services for cheap. THIS is why Joel has been able to build amazing relationships with many different people.
Coming from a place of giving is what motivates Joel to continue pushing forward. In this episode we talk all about this, and how helping others has in turned helped him.
In addition to working a 9-5 job and running multiple businesses on the side, Joel continues to meet amazing new people through his podcast. As you’ll hear, something that started out as a “fear” has quickly become a newfound passion of Joel’s.
Key Takeaways From This Episode
I think there was a lot to learn from this episode, not only in business, but in life as well. Here are a few of the key takeaways from the episode:
- Being a real person matters – People resonate with people. That’s a fact. If you can show your true-genuine self to others, people (and potential) customers will naturally become more receptive to you and your brand.
- You don’t need to give up a 9-5 to be happy or run a successful business – If a 9-5 job is something you enjoy, why leave it? Joel works his 9-5, while running multiple businesses, AND hosting his own podcast. He does it because he enjoys it.
- Don’t quit your 9-5 too early – If you’re more interested in starting a business than working your 9-5 job, you don’t have to give it all up at once. It’s much smarter to build your business on the side, WHILE working a 9-5 job as opposed to dropping your main source of income in an instant.
- Don’t let fear hold you back or be the source of any regret – Joel talks about being nervous when lanching his podcast. Being nervous is okay. It means you’re on the brink of something great. Lean into that nervous and uncomfortable feeling and put yourself in that vulnerable position. This is where new passions are found, success stories are made, and fulfillment can be reached.
I Want to Know…
I hope you enjoyed this episode of the Nine-Five Podcast. Thank you so much for listening!
Do you have any fears or limiting beliefs that are holding you back from getting started?
Leave a comment below and let me know!
Download the Workbook
Episode 93 Leveraging Yourself through Your Creative Talents [Jenna Noelle Porter]It can be very difficult to put full-faith in what you're doing to build your own business. Even when you're doing all the things right, it can be a difficult leap to make. Today, Jenna...
Episode 92 Making a Living Through Content Creation [Mindy Thomas]What makes content effective for your brand or business? How do you hook them in? How do you unlock that level of creativity you see out there? Today, we are talking with Mindy Thomas who literally...
Episode 91 The Genius Paid Ad Strategy that NO ONE is Telling You About! [Darrell Evans]Paid advertising has always baffled me. There are so many experts out there who make it sound so easy, but when put into practice, end up costing you a lot of money. Today, Darrell...